Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Can Hear the Bells!

The waiting is finally over....
.....and my big sister is engaged!!!
A June wedding is planned.
Congratulations!!!!

Scott is a great catch:) He's a strong Christian, creative, and loves my sister. Although I've realized that this will change lots of things about our family, I know that I'm looking forward to finally having a big brother....plus, I'm thinking someone else can help my dad with the manual labor for a change:) I have a feeling that my little sister, Melissa, won't mind having a new competitor for table games...it's going to be great...and maybe, just maybe, a little mini-Moni or Scott will come out of this marriage:) I won't mind having a niece or nephew to spoil...but that's getting way ahead of the story....

The wedding plans are in full-force...and I'm having to miss out on most of the fun. A couple of weekends ago, my Mom, Monica, and my BFF went dress shopping. It was fun to see the pics...and Moni looks gorgeous in her gown. It's just a little hard to "try on" a dress when you're 8000 miles away, but I think we've got it figured out. Moni asked me to be her Maid of Honor, and I'm incredibly honored to stand up with her:)

This is my first foray into the bridal party end of things. I've got LOTS of experience as a [see end of post for definitions] PA, MM, RHD,CC, PP, GT, HWTM, GBA, IEA, VT, and S, but never a BM, JBM, or FG and most definitely never a MOH or a B. Since I'll only be back in MN a week before the wedding, I may have to host a cyber-Bridal Shower. Should be interesting:)

Anyway, I just want to wish Monica & Scott much happiness (and sanity) as the plans continue for the big bash and (more importantly) for their new life together afterwards:)

Love you!

**DEFINITIONS**
PA-personal attendant
MM-mint maker
RHD-reception hall decorator
CC-cake cutter
PP-punch pourer
GT-gift taker
HWTM-hostess with the mostest
GBA-guest book attendant
IEA-invitation envelope addresser
VT-video taper
S-singer
BM-bridesmaid
JBM-junior bridesmaid
FG-flower girl
MOH-maid of honor
B-bride

5 comments:

Shanny O said...

Marcy-

Love the updated blog. Things around the house have been blissful, what a blast it is to help Moni with wedding plans, I love to be bossy!!

Have a great ending to you 10/10 break!!

Shanny O

Moni said...

Thank you so much Marcy for the Congratulations. You summed it up well. I love you and I am glad that you are my maid of honor. Love,
Monk

jilythekid said...

Congratulations to Monica! Also, congrats to you MOH, sister-in-law, and perhaps even future Auntie?! All of those are wonderful things to be! You've certainly got me beat in the list of wedding titles. I think I even recognized a couple of those from my wedding!

Mia said...

Congratulations, Monica! How exciting to be planning a wedding! Marcy, you will be an awesome MOH.

Anonymous said...

Oh, WOW -- congratulations to them! Marcy, I love your cheerfulness.......I just read complete JOY in this post ...... and it did my soul well! Hope all is well with you, and Happy Thanksgiving!!!