Yep, I know it's been awhile . . . much has happened during the past month, and I kind of got out of the habit of blogging. I'm not sure if it is the onset of the "Holiday Season" or what . . . My communication has definitely been sporadic. I'm sorry for the month of silence . . . (at least it wasn't 400 years!)
Anyway, things on my side of the world are pretty much the same. We had some weeks of rain, another teeny-weeny earthquake (no, I didn't feel it), and a close call with two typhoons. My kids are as energetic as usual, and we are cruising right along in third grade. I'm feeling behind with everything, but can one ever really feel "ahead" as a teacher?! God has given me some great colleagues at Bethany, and I have enjoyed their company.
Let's see . . . what else? Oh, yes . . . I had my first Taiwan haircut, and I have partaken of two Taiwanese hair washings. It is pure heaven! REALLY! Perhaps I'll blog about the experience one of these days, because I hope it becomes a regular outing!
We had an amazing Thanksgiving feast at school with turkey and all the trimmings (stuffing, pumpkin pie, etc.) with a bit of Korean kimchi and Indian curried rice thrown in for good measure:) My third graders made woven placemats for the big dinner. As a side note, a turkey in Taiwan costs about $60 US, and since the produce has been pretty minimal because of typhoons this fall, the potatoes and corn cost just about as much . . . amazing.
During Thanksgiving break (a 4 day weekend), Rebecca and I went by high speed rail (another future blog entry) to Chiayi to visit the two Morrison teachers working at the satellite school. It was a delightful weekend, and yes, you guessed it, something to blog about!
Oh, yeah . . . as I am thinking back through the month, I know why I had a sudden blog shutdown . . . I visited the hospital/outpatient clinic for the first time.

Now that was an experience, and I will definitely devote an entire blog entry to that "fun" adventure. All is well, and I'm feeling great now:)
Well, right now, I'm sitting in my living room with a newly extended ethernet cable listening to Christmas tunes and watching the lights twinkle on my Christmas tree . . . yes, another blog entry to come . . . This is my absolutely, without a doubt, FAVORITE time of the year. Christmas in Taiwan is definitely different, and I'm only feeling okay about not being home (I've never missed a Christmas with the family) because I know that God has me here, and because I've got some VERY SPECIAL guests coming for a visit beginning December 27th . . . .YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Anyway, more to come I'm sure . . .
So, that's the month in a nutshell. I've missed you all, and I'll try to turn over a new "bloggy" leaf . . .
Love,
Marcy

6 comments:
Hi Marcy, What a delight to check your blog and find your wonderful message. The 3 KIngs is so cute and definately brings me back to those special years when you girls would perform for us. We never knew what to expect from the 3 of you and were always, always entertained. Which song was it when you had the black sunglasses? Thanks for the memories, Marcy. Love you honey, MOM
Miss Marcy-
Nice to see the blog back up and running, you have made procrastinating hard the last month. Nothing to read instead of working on my capstone.. =)
24 days and counting...
Shanny O
Hi Marcy-
The camels are very cute. I like the knobby knees and the stylish mustaches! Who knew camels had them?
your MA drama buddy :)
Marcy! It was soooo fabulous to chat with you, you look marvelous and full of festive cheer!
MERRY CHRISTMAS! and I love that your New Years resolution is to blog more... oh... it isn't? Maybe it is now! :)
You are very interesting!!!
Miss you bunches -
Love, Pam
Hi Marcy!
Just thinking about you and thought I'd say hello! Hope you and Shanny had a great time over Christmas & New Years!!!
Happy 2008!
Love, Pam
Marcy Miller! Where did you disappear to?!?!
How am I supposed to be faithful in checking your blog, when you haven't updated in forever?! Ok, consider yourself scolded. :)
Would love to catch up sometime!
Miss you,
Love, Pam
Post a Comment