Thursday, June 19, 2008

Toothpaste and Breakfast Cereal



UGGGHHHHH!!!! Too many choices! Seriously.

The day after arriving in the US was spent shopping! It was a blast--clothes and shoes in my sizes (because a petite Taiwanese woman I am not), and Shanny was a saint. We went from store to store . . . and even hit the mall. I started to fade by 3pm, but we pressed on for as long as we could---about 30 more minutes:)

The first stop was Walmart, the "mecca" of bargains and stuff you've always wanted and needed. I needed toothpaste--simple enough OR so I thought! Do you realize that Walmart devotes an entire aisle to products that help meet the needs of your oral hygiene? I was baffled! Did I want Colgate, Crest, Aquafresh, Sensodyne, or Organic? Freshmint or cinnamon? $3.29 or $3.33? Whitening or non-whitening? Total or basic? Gel or paste? Fliptop or screwtop? Travel, small, or large size? Two-pack with bonus toothbrush or single tube?

I'm sure the suspense is just killing you...(it was driving Shannon crazy!)...

So, with that cliffhanger, we're on to breakfast cereal.
Time: 5 days later
Location: Cub Foods
Short and sweet--same story.

America is the land of opportunity, change, and CHOICE! I've only been gone 10 months...I cannot even imagine the indecisiveness that would come with a longer stay...and that's that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcy-

Wow, I have never been called a saint, even in my Catholic school days. Shopping with you was ............ aaaaaa interesting, but I loved every minute of it. Ok, not every minute... but most of the minutes.

Sometimes I feel like it's a dream that you are actually home.. just like old times, but a bit more lippy (on your part)

Can't wait for a "busy" up north weekend, thanks for the invite, I will try not to talk too much.. We we see how that goes =)

Shanny O