Isaiah 43:16
I am the LORD, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea.
Psalm 77:19
Isaiah 43:18-19
But forget all that--it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.
Ephesians 3:20
Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think!
Three.
Three years.
It has actually been three years!
Months of prayer led to the decision.
With one mouse click, I printed the letter.
With a single flourish of ink, I signed the letter.
With just a nimble flick of the wrist, I mailed the letter.
With the opening of just a solitary email, my life was changed.
Three years ago, I applied for a leave of absence from Minnehaha.
Three years ago, I thought I had it all planned out.
Resume.
Application.
Interview.
Job.
Satisfaction of putting my 4 years of graduate school to work!
Printing business cards with the title "Administrator" under my name.
Ta-da!
Not quite.
Four months.
20+ INTENSE applications.
0 interviews.
No job in sight.
2 months left of health insurance.
1 month left of teaching.
Confusion.
Doubt.
Stress.
Despair.
Then came Hope.
I didn't deserve it. I had floundered under pressure.
Leaning on my own understanding, the burden was too heavy.
HE carried my burden.
HE's the Lover of my Soul.
Surrender.
Followed by a Psalm 77:19 moment--the pathway become visible.
Exotic.
Far.
Without fear, for HE is faithful!
One application.
Four letters.
Three interviews.
Five days.
Taiwan!
What a wild ride, and one so amazingly God-ordained that I still tremble in awe when I think of how HE orchestrated every single detail so perfectly. How good to be in the CENTER of God's will!
So, here I am....back to facing a big, dark unknown.
I've been here before, and it's not an easy place to be.
However, this time, there is a dry wilderness ahead.
I'm not sure where the pathway is right now,
but I know it's there....
but I know it's there....
I'm not sure where the river is going to come from,
but I know it will be there...
Why?
I am confident of this:
My LORD keeps His promises.
Onward!
Pressing toward the goal!
Jia you!


2 comments:
You forgot- One sad roommate crying and worrying about becoming a "cat lady" =)
God has been faithful and WILL be again !!!! I soooooo admire you for trusting God for another wild yet God inspired adventure!!!
You're A-MAZING and Marcy-lous in every way! I learn so much from you and am always so inspired when you teach us. Thanks for today's PD. :)
God has something wonderful planned for you. You wait and see!
Post a Comment