Well, here's something new about Taiwan that is NOT bad--just different--really different! We're buckling down and preparing for a typhoon to hit the island in a couple of hours. It's moving pretty slow but packing a very windy punch--level 5 (160+ mph winds--or something close to that!). I guess Taipei rarely gets hit hard because the mountains weaken the storm. That's what we're praying for now! This is really just "run of the mill" for Taiwan--it's just new to me! All the government offices are closing at 6pm, so we're trying to get out of school and home ASAP. Actually, we're all going over to another teacher's house for pizza--and then home. I'll definitely be taking a taxi!
It's a little crazy since school starts on Monday, and there is much to be done! However, the storm is supposed to blow over the island by 3am, so we can probably be back in school by tomorrow afternoon to finish preparing. I'm getting close to being finished, but I still need to get my lesson plans together. I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and perhaps reading a book or watching a movie! Yippee:)
Internet Update: Due to the typhoon, I won't have the internet at home until next week--sometime. I'll keep you posted!
Love you all! Thanks for your prayers . . .
Friday, August 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Marcy-
Wow, you are right, typhoons are really different. Probably not quite the same as sitting in your bathroom watching Paul Douglas waiting out a MN thunderstorm with your super cool roommate!!
Stay safe and don't try and go and look--that is not safe !!
Love, Shanny O
I will definitely pray for safety during the big T. Praise the Lord for those mountains that He created.
Just so you know, Mooms is a great watch dog:):):) meow
I you love you Marcy. God bless.
Love, Moni :)
Marcy,
I now an official blogger.
Eu te amo- (It means I love you in Portuguese.)
Hi Marcy,
You lucky mouse. Your dad has always wanted to be in a big storm! :) Off the subject, Bob Gross had a 1 hour interview on the public station talking about Singapore and International schools. He said that people that teach in other cultures quickly understand that sometimes there are diff. ways of doing things and having them turn out just as well or better than the US way.Enough philosophy. We'll be praying for safety and will be anxious to hear all about this new experience. We love you Soooooo much.
Hi Mouse,
This will be short because I just spent 10 min. writing you and for some reason I lost it. Oh, well! Dad said he's always wanted to be in a big storm and I think he's silly. :) We will be anxious to hear all about this new experience. We love you and will continue to pray for safety for all.
Love, Mom and Dad
Hi Marcy!
It is so good to read about your adventures and to see your photos! I really like the "LOVE" photo. I can sense your excitement about Taiwan and all that God is doing in your life! I will be praying for a smooth start to your school year!
Joy
Hey Marcy, batton down the hatches baby! Look at you embracing the adventure, atta girl! Although... I do think typhoons are bad (even though the word has a lot of vowels, and i'm usually a big fan of that...) so please be careful! We do not need a picture on the blog, so leave the storm chasing to Sven or Paul, or my personal fav KEITH MARLER!!! I'm sure he would say something like "There is a lot of gusty breezes out there that you will feel right away, so stay inside and enjoy a little game of parcheesi among friends and family." Parcheesi on Marcy! :)
Miss you, and love your blog!
Pam
Post a Comment