Thursday, April 17, 2008
Taiwan Thoughts
Every now and then, I'm hit with a "I wanna go home!" feeling. Maybe I'm just getting antsy . . . One of the most difficult parts of living in Taiwan is being vehicle-less. I love to drive, and I miss it (sniff). I'm usually pretty good with directions and finding my way around places, but I realized that if I was given a vehicle tomorrow, I would have trouble going anywhere outside of the home to school route--and even that would be sketchy. I just haven't paid that much attention to all the one ways unless you're a bus OR no left turns, etc., and it bugs me! Yesterday, we took the 3-5th graders down to Taichung to see the High School musical, Seussical. I've been down to Taichung a few times, but don't ask me what route we took or what major road would take me out of Taipei . . . ARGHH! Anyway, the musical was fun and the kids had a ball--mostly playing on real grass:) More later . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh good, you survived the trip!
I can imagine your need for sniffing when thinking of not being able to drive when you want, hang in there... 53 days and you can drive all you want.
Have a great weeknd!!
Shanny O
Post a Comment