Monday, April 7, 2008

Theatre . . . Wherefore art thou?

Okay . . . so I miss the craziness. I miss spending hours at school and walking out before I get locked inside. I miss giggling over pie with Greg and Joy as we re-live auditions. I miss the agony of selecting a cast. I miss sneaking down to the office to put the cast list up on the board. I miss the midnight runs to Walmart. I miss being covered with paint and feathers. I miss having my house covered in fabric scraps and glue guns. I miss piles of random stuff piled in my classroom. I miss scrounging through treasures at Goodwill and Savers. I miss wading through piles of props and costumes. I miss playing silly games like "Bus" and "Jello Walk." I miss yelling, "Project!" I miss the panic of tech week. I miss figuring out who gets a walkie-talkie. I miss techies running around like crazy and throwing rubber chickens on stage. I miss the jitters that come with opening night. I miss watching 80 middle schoolers lay on the floor and breathe. I miss strike and the piles of pizza, pop, and memories. Yeah, I miss it . . . I miss the kids! I miss seeing fear and uncertainty become confidence and brilliance. I miss the nonsense biographies and goofy poses. I miss the eager faces and the thankful hugs. I miss 'em . . .

It's theatre time at Minnehaha Academy South Campus--a two play year. Ah, I'd give anything to be there . . . Break a leg, you guys!
I miss you . . .

No comments: