Friday, May 23, 2008

Seriously?!


"If adventure has a name, it must be INDIANA JONES!"

Aliens? Seriously! Okay, I'm loyal . . . I'll be an Indiana Jones fan FOREVER . . . and I really did enjoy the movie . . . and I still think it would be pretty awesome to be a part-time teacher/full-time adventurer-archaelologist . . .but . . . seriously . . . flying saucers . . . seriously?! Oh, and what about that very fake looking "Tarzan swinging through the trees" stuff . . . come on already! I thought they were going to stick with the B-movie feel and minimize the CGI business.

Oh, yes! Don't get me wrong--I will openly admit that it was good to see "my guy" again, and it was great to pick out references to former Indy flicks. The action sequences were great, and I really feel like going to Peru after the gorgeous jungle scenes (which were filmed in Hawaii--I think--so maybe I want to go to Hawaii?!). I felt like it was missing something, but for a 65 year old Indiana Jones after a 19 year break (wow, I'm feeling old!). . . not bad! It was funny and had a happy ending (no kleenex required, which is always good, in my opinion anyway:)--perhaps another movie is in the works. . . they certainly left it open for one!

On a cultural note, watching movies in Taiwan is great . . . for a few moments, I forget where I am:) Since folks here want to learn English, movies filmed in English are not dubbed. They have subtitles instead. The tricky movies are the foreign films that are subtitled in Chinese---not too helpful for the illiterate:) Oh, and they're pretty lax on the "Don't bring outside food into the theatre" rule. I don't even have to hide my pop in my purse . . . . how's that for guilt-free snacking!

Okay, enough Friday night fun for me . . . off to bed I go:) Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcy - You forgot to give a spoiler alert! really.. aliens? I haven't seen it yet, but now I will be prepared for the fs (flying saucers) :)

Can't wait to see you soooooooon!!!!

Love, Pam

Anonymous said...

MArcy-

I can't believe you would sneek pop in the movies, that's another example of you choosing rules to want to follow !!

Have a great week!

Miss you !

Shanny O