Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Coming to you LIVE from Li Shwei!

Praise the Lord!! As of 10 minutes ago, I am now officially "hooked up" to the vast World Wide Web at home (aka Li Shwei Road)! Yippee!!! There was a bit of a snag due to my Mac-ness in this mostly PC world, but it's all good:) However, I do have a NEW HOME PHONE NUMBER--so write it down!

Marcy's Home # 2396-2672

If you dial from the states, you have to add a few numbers in front, but I can't recall offhand what they might be at the moment. Perhaps my American agent can add a comment with the details (Thanks, Shanny!). I will now be trying to make all my calls via Skype or JaJah. If you haven't signed on to these, please do! It's a great way to communicate across the miles:) I'd love to hear from you. Just remember that until Daylight Saving's time ends, I'm 13 hours later than Central Time Zone!

Okay, that's it for now . . . I'm going to work on posting some photos this afternoon. It's a good night to stay in because it's raining like crazy. However, I took a cab home in order to meet the computer guys. It cost me all of $85 (NT) for a warm, safe, and dry ride home! Later . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcy,

Here's to adventures! Lance, Jesse and I were in Florida recently and had a giant moth camp outside our condo for a couple of days...not three-legged but fascinating because of its size. It was about the size of my hand. The Minnesota bugs I know are much more petite.

At school today we're touring the South Campus for the first time...starting the moving-in process...emptying all those boxes that were gathered last year. Tomorrow we spend the day working on ISACS stuff. Friday...golf?

No typhoons here, only massive rains in southern Minnesota. They think a record, but are waiting for official word. Something like 15 inches in one town. Pretty much going south of the Twin Cities...just turning our burnt out grassy stretches back into lush verdant carpets. Right now on KARE 11 I am watching houses fall over an embankment by a river. Wild for Minnesota.

The State Fair starts tomorrow. I always change the station when the ads come on TV because for me it is a harbinger that my precious summer is coming to an end. Reminds me that I'm glad that I love new beginnings.

"Life is an adventure. We live it every day."

Many blessings to you,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your big return to the www! Did you get a special outfit for the occassion? Was it spandex, and did it have a cape like Nacho Libre? Do you have a special name for your wrestling adventures? Oh wait... you might mean "World Wide WEB" not "World Wide WRESTLING"... my bad. ;)

Happy times are here from England for me - family is in town until Sunday. Bathroom project is on hold until then (FYI - I do NOT prefer to be called "bathroom lady", and yes I DO know that from having the experience!) :) I'll send pictures of the complete project so you can feel like you've been here.

Another easy way to feel like you are here is to step into the shower (your very cute shower!) with all your clothes on, and turn it on to a low drizzle level. That pretty much sums up what the out of doors has felt like lately.

Clearly the caffeine is kicking in and helping me to babble in a VERY "FANCE" kinda' way... Since you have already experienced today - is anything super fabulous going to happen today? :)

Miss you and LOVE your blog!

Love, Pam

Anonymous said...

Marcy-

It was so fun to see your face this morning, just like you were here, tye dye dress and all...

Love and miss you,

Shanny O

Anonymous said...

If you want to call Marcy at her apartment or flat, what is the offical term? Here are all the numbers you need, country code, city code phone number and all !!

Here is the number --- post on the blog if is doesn't work.
011 866 22396 2672

Marcy also mentioned Skype in her blog posting, is very cool, it's very easy to download too.