Monday, August 27, 2007

My Quest to Keep Living Things ALIVE!!




Well, I finally did it . . . I broke down and added some living organisms into my home--willingly! They're lean, green, and hopefully not too mean--that's right, they're plants. Now, if you know much about my efforts to garden in small spaces, you'll know for a fact that a "Green Thumb" I am NOT! However, since Taiwan seems to be a very moist place that allows all sorts of things to grow well, I thought I'd give it a try--again.

This past Saturday, I headed to the huge flower/plant market near my home to purchase some cut flowers. I absolutely adore flowers, but I have not had too much luck with the un-cut variety. In the midst of the shopping excursion (with the normal posse and the Cablish family), I realized that the green genes within me were crying out for another chance! An hour or so later, I left with three plants and . . . some lovely cut flowers.

So, I wanted to let you in on the beginning of this indoor gardening adventure. It's been two days, and they're not dead--yet! (Yes, I am aware that the cut flowers are quite dead.) I actually repotted the plants on my balcony yesterday, and I purchased a watering can. I'm feeling pretty optimistic:) Anyway, I'll keep you informed of any developments . . . Now I'm just hoping that they didn't bring any little uninvited guests with them:)

Take care:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcy-

Your flowers and plants in your house are beautiful, I am very impressed with your plant growing ability, or should I say, your keeping plant alive ability.

Shanny O