
Once upon a time in a land called Taiwan, there was an excited teacher ready to escape the big city and see what was beyond the concrete and smog . . . That's right! It's time for our Fall Break (aka Double Ten holiday). Tomorrow afternoon, we begin our Morrison System-Wide Professional Development Weekend. The kids have a 1/2 day of school, and the staff will work on Curriculum Mapping/Unit Plans. At 3:30, a bus will leave with all of the new staff/families and head to Taichung for a PFO Follow-Up session with Bonnie McGill. We'll be spending Thursday and Friday night in the student dorms. On Friday and Saturday, there will be lots of trainings and job-alike work time. I'm looking forward to hooking up with my 3rd grade team again:)
Saturday afternoon, Rebecca, Sandra, Amanda, and myself will hitch a ride with the Kaioshung bus heading south. We will be camping out in the Knutson's home--thanks, Kris and Marion! On Sunday, we will catch another south-bound bus for Kenting National Park. We've got a hotel reserved for two nights, and we plan to hit the beach and do some hiking (I think!). On Tuesday, Rebecca and I will catch a train heading north, but on the east side of the island. We have a room booked in the Grand Formosa hotel in the Taroko Gorge area. This is supposedly the most beautiful natural spot in Taiwan. On Wednesday, we will head back to Taipei. Thursday will be a "do-nothing-but-catch-up-on-everything" day, and Friday morning will start early with a Taiwan Driver's Test practice session. Several of us plan to take the test on that same Friday at some point during the day. (We've already made one trip to the Taipei DMV, but I'll blog about it next week! It was quite an experience . . .)
Anyway, that's the run-down for my week ahead! I will probably not be doing any posting or emailing once I leave Taichung, but I'll catch up with you all later:)
Love you and miss you all bunches and bunches . . . (By the way, another typhoon is heading toward Taiwan--please pray that it veers north so that we can enjoy the beach:)

2 comments:
Hey Marcy! It's Kim Foss here! I ran into Shannon about 2 months ago at the Farmer's Market -- I think you had recently just left for Taiwan. Anyway, she gave me your little card, and, well, here I am 2 months later saying hi! So, "Hi" (that was for July). and "Hi!" (that is for now!!). It will be fun for me to read all about your time in Taiwan. As for me, we had another boy in June -- June 28th (his name is Isaac Casey) and it was a day after Ian's 2nd birthday! So, between feeding, changing and burping a kid, I am on the computer! Just wanted to say hi .... and I'll keep tabs on where you are travelling now! :)
Love,
Kim
Have a great time at the beach Marcy! I KNOW that the silly typhoon will veer so that you can enjoy a little sun and surf... looking forward to hearing about your little holiday!
Miss you much!
Pam
Post a Comment