Tuesday, October 2, 2007

"We Interrupt This Broadcast . . ."


Okay . . . I must apologize now to the MANY people who have emailed greetings, thoughts, encouragement, and love during the past couple of weeks. I am terribly behind on my correspondance. My Grandma Miller has even written me 5 LETTERS by hand, and I have just written back tonight . . . So, my email INBOX is overflowing, and my heart is feeling very sad for not getting back to each one of you. My computer shut-off time is at midnight, so I'll not be able to answer many of you tonight . . Please know that I'll try to do better--really. . . I'm just feeling a little bit behind . . . perhaps it was the shopping to find a door seal for the 1 inch crack on my front door that is allowing the creepie crawlies in OR perhaps it was the progress reports that were due OR perhaps it was weekend sightseeing adventures OR perhaps it was the unit and lesson plans OR perhaps it was . . . well, you get the picture.

While I'm writing very randomly, I have been reminded of something I did want to share with you all . . . something I've noticed about myself in Taiwan . . . It's been two months and time for some reflection . . . (Dig out the shovel, I'm goin' deep! --miss you, Chad!)

I came to Taiwan with great expectation and anticipation. I have not been disappointed! However, I also came thinking that change would do me good. What I've discovered is that change in my life will not automatically occur just by moving 8,000 miles away from home. I set some personal goals for myself before leaving in August, and since I really desire your prayers to be specific on my behalf, I thought I'd share them with you. I'll keep them basic--without any subpoints--but I think you'll get the picture:)

Marcy's Personal Goals
1. Maintain a consistent quiet time with the Lord
2. Gain financial freedom
3. Become healthier in Mind, Body, and Spirit
4. Work on developing a balanced "social" life
5. Learn to speak, read, and write Mandarin Chinese

These goals may seem a bit lofty or a bit "well, yeah . . . of course that should be a goal." In any case, these are areas that I feel God is pushing me to change for the better for all sorts of reasons. I'm claiming Philippians 4:13 tonight, and I'll be sharing more anchor passages as this year moves on . . . God is the only agent of change who is able to make things stick for good! My desire is to draw closer to Him this year . . .

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Ephesians 3:20

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcy-

Thanks for sharing your heart. That's what I really appreciate about your blog ,one day the posting is all laughs and summaries (sort of) and the next posting is geninue and thought provoking--- you are so amazing and so is God!!

Love and miss you,
Shanny O