Well, this is rather late in coming--my apologies to all you fans of the blog! I wanted to get a couple of pics from friends before I posted about last weekend. There may be more to come, but I'll post this for now!
Last Saturday, Tim McGill (The "Big Boss" of Morrison) and his lovely wife, Bonnie (the director of new staff sanity) took the new MCA-Bethany recruits to Wulan. Wulan is a small town about 45 minutes SE of Taipei--up in the mountains. Now, Taiwan mountains aren't quite like the Rockies--they're covered with thick forests and vegetation. If you're looking for snakes and other creepy-crawlies, the mountains would be the prime location for a search:)
We stopped at a hotel/spa along a spur of the river (which proved to be flowing in MUCH cleaner state than the portion that weaves its way through Taipei!). For about 100NT$ a person, you can use the hotel's river access, BBQ facilities, and bathrooms. So, if/when you come and visit, we are definitely going to this place! We rode in vans, but there is a city bus that has a route up to Wulan, too!
We walked down to the river. It reminded me of the Snake River that winds through Idaho--but a bit narrower and fewer rapids:) Oh, it was SO GOOD to breathe the fresh air and scramble up rocks. The water was so gorgeous and the day was so lovely---I had to jump in! I didn't bring a swimsuit, but shorts and a shirt worked just fine! Sandals were also very helpful for traction on the slippery rocks. I stayed in the water for about 2 hours . . . oh, it was just marvelous:) My fingers and toes were a bit pruney when I finally exited, but it was so very worth the trouble:)
Bonnie and Tim had a picnic lunch for us, and we just sat and fellowshipped until early afternoon. On the way home, we stopped for a "bing" which is like a fresh fruit slushy---YUMMY! It was a restful and rejuvenating experience . . . thanks, Lord, for bringing me to a place where mountains and ocean are less than an hour away:) What a treat!

1 comment:
Miss Marcy-
I am happy you got the chance to get away and out of the city.. sounds like a fun time!!
Hope to talk to you soon, miss you!!! I do wish I could get an McDonald's ice cream cone with you... we will have to use our imagination!!
Shanny O
Post a Comment