Sunday, September 16, 2007

RETREAT = Refreshment, Rejuvenation, & Reflection











Oh, what a lovely time! Thanks, Bethany--Morrison Academy. This day away was exactly what was needed for some team bonding and seeing beyond the concrete jungle of Taipei. The setting was absolutely beautiful (and we were given a very 'warn' welcome), and the pictures do not do justice to the surroundings. As you've probably noticed, I decided to do a series of posts for the 24 hours of adventure. This way, I hoped the postings could be a little less random--but oh, so very interesting (I hope!)!!!

This was my schedule:

Friday & Saturday
8:00 - 11:30 Teach!
11:45 - 2:00 Professional Development
2:15 - 2:30 Load up the Bus
2:30 - 3:30 Drive to the Howard at Green Bay
3:30 - 4:00 Grab some snacks, check out the room, head to the beach
4:00 - 5:30 Swimming in the Pacific Ocean
5:30 - 6:00 Change into dry clothes
6:00 - 8:00 Enjoy a delicious buffet meal and conversation
8:00 - 9:00 Praise and Worship on the patio
9:00 - 11:30 Settlers of Cataan on the patio
11:30pm - 4:15am Sleep!
4:15 - 4:30 Brush teeth and get dressed
4:30 - 5:00 Load 13 people into an 8 passenger van and drive to the Harbor
5:00 - 6:00 Drive/Walk around looking for the fishing boats to come in (there really weren't any because of a Japanese typhoon stirring up huge waves)
6:00 - 6:30 Walk back to the hotel via the beach and paths
6:30 - 7:00 Nap on an ocean-front beach chair (waiting for breakfast)
7:00 - 8:00 Breakfast buffet! (Yummy!)
8:00 - 10:30 Nap in the hotel room (I missed the cannonball contest--oh well, next year!)
10:30 - 11:45 Shower, get dressed--swimsuit of course!, and watch TV (what a treat!)
11:45 - 12:00 Pack up and turn in key for check out (but stowed luggage until later!)
12:00 - 3:30 Grab a snack, swim in the pool, chat with friends, sit in the hottub, walk down to the Ocean, lounge in a chair, & read
3:30 - 3:45 Load up the bus
3:45 - 4:45 Drive back to school
4:45 - 5:00 Jump in a taxi and head home!

Although this really is what I did, there was no set schedule (except meal times), and EVERYTHING was optional! Oh, it was lovely, and I had so much fun getting to know colleagues and their families better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,
It sounds like you had a great time at the beach. Your pictures look beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us. I was looking on your school website and when I clicked on 3rd grade, quess who I saw!! It was a wonderful surprise to see you with your class and read your bio.
We love you bunches and bunches-Mom and Dad