Surprise, surprise! I just got a knock on my door from my upstairs neighbor, Ali! The government has cancelled all public schools tomorrow due to incoming Typhoon Wipha.
I didn't think it was going to be such a big deal, but I guess it's turned enough to threaten Taipei. As I've mentioned before, fear governs the lives of many people in Taiwan. I guess the government figures better safe than sorry! Not that I mind, of course:) Because Bethany tries to comply with the government whenever possible, we've cancelled school as well! YIPPEE:) I have plenty of papers to grade and some shopping to do . . . Ah, think "Snow Day" in September . . . I'm sure it will be rough, but I'll try to keep my spirits up.
Getting ready for the big storm . . .
Marcy
Monday, September 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Marcy-
You are sooooo lucky---- typhoon days are just as fun as snow days.. I think!!!
Enjoy your day off--
Shanny
How does one celebrate a typhoon day?... perhaps a little furniture shopping? Is there an Ikea stop in your near future? :)
Happy shopping, resting, and grading of papers day!
Pam
Post a Comment