Thursday, September 6, 2007

Unplugged . . . Anyway . . .

Alas, I had some pictures I wanted to download tonight because I just got a very WELCOME addition to my home AND I haven't posted anything interesting in awhile.

Anyway, I must have stepped on my camera USB thingamajig and the USB part is all smashed. I tried to fix it with my handy-dandy IKEA tool kit, but I think it's hopeless. I'm going to try to buy another one tomorrow. (USB thingamajig--not toolkit)

Anyway, I got a NEW/USED Couch!!! (For FREE---I think:) Our General Manager at school, Paul, was cleaning out an apartment today to get ready for a new family coming in October. He asked if I needed a bed (which I didn't need anymore--but Rebecca did!) and when she went to see the bed--there was a couch, too! My couch is okay, but it's slightly broken and works well when pushed against a wall (not great for movies!). This couch is from IKEA and is soft and clean and looks brand new! I'm soooooooo thankful for God's provisions! Just when I thought I had missed out on a free bed, He gives me a couch:) Very cool!!

Anyway, it's Meet the Teacher Night tomorrow. I should be in bed getting rest for the big night, but here I am---chatting away on this blog! I guess I'm realizing tonight that I've missed experiencing some things back in MN--like the first day of school frenzy at Minnehaha--Dad's first official day of retirement--the annual Labor Day camping trip to Grand Marais . . . However, after reflecting with some of my colleagues, it's really not "missing out" because it was a choice--a decision. God had a little something to do with it, too:) I'm just making new memories . . .

Anyway,the McGill's (Tim is the Supt. of Morrison and Bonnie is kindof like the HR director) are taking all the new staff up to the mountains, river, and a smaller villageon Saturday. I am SOOOO excited! The small-town girl in me needs some non-city time for a little perspective:) Next weekend, the Bethany staff is going on a retreat to Green Bay! Really! (Go Packers!) There is a really nice hotel there with pools, hiking, beaches, etc. It should be VERY fun:)

Anyway, I also just got some fun news. I'm going to go to a teacher's workshop in KOREA over a weekend in October! How cool is that:) I'm really excited!!!!!! I don't have a whole lot of details yet, but it's all about the writing program we use at Morrison (6 Traits). What fun! I hope some other teachers go too so that we can explore together.

Anyway, I think that's it for now! I will for sure post some more this weekend. I should have some great pictures from the Saturday excursion, too.

Anyway, love you all bunches! Thanks for the prayers . . .

6 comments:

dad said...

Dad says,
Mouse you are making me a little jealous with all your excitement. Enjoy Greenbay,get me a Brett signiture. Moni had a fender bender but her and the front of her car are fine. Tooty Loo lve Dad

dad said...

Dad says, Mouse your life is so exciting that I am getting a little jealous.Enjoy Greenbay and your new couch.Moni had a little fender bender but her and the front of her car are fine. tooty loo Dad

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new couch Marcy! It's so cool to hear how God is providing what you need, when you need it! Enjoy the manna (do you think this is God preparing you for a man???) HOW EXCITING! :)

Have fun on the mountaintop!!!

Love, Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcy,
Per dad's post, I am better now and not as shakey. Talk about God's protection. He is watching out for his Miller Girls. The funny part is... my vehicle is now evened out. Right and left side look similar now, except the fact that my side mirror glass is missing :):)

On a more happy note...
How exciting for the opportunity to go to Korea. I am also glad you are feeling better.
Love ya,
Monk

Anonymous said...

Miss Marcy-
I found a way to post on the blog even when I am on vacation, now that is dedication!!

Wow, lots of good news on your blog today, I can't wait to hear the details...

Of course I miss you and love you... Shanny O

Anonymous said...

What a surprise to hear your voice this morning, your evening. What great timing! Have a great nights sleep.

Love ya,
Moni